If your tooth has sustained damage from cracking or cavities Dr. Erik Palmberg may recommend restoring it with a dental crown. Dental crowns, or caps, are a versatile restoration and can be used for a variety of aesthetic and restorative purposes, including:
- Protecting a tooth following a root canal
- Anchoring and attaching a dental bridge
- Covering and completing a dental implant
- Improving the appearance of your tooth and smile
- Improving a misshapen tooth
- Strengthening and supporting a tooth that is fractured or weak
- Supporting a tooth with a large filling and little remaining natural tooth structure
Your dental crown will be custom-made to fit over the entire tooth, starting at the gumline. It will restore the tooth to its original shape and size and will be designed to fit your smile perfectly. Crowns may be made of several different materials, including porcelain and gold. Porcelain is an increasingly popular choice, as it matches the natural appearance of your teeth.
When you receive a dental crown, you will need to plan two visits with our dentist. During your first appointment, we will take impressions and prepare your tooth to receive the crown. A temporary crown will be placed to protect your tooth until your final restoration is completed. At the second appointment, your permanent crown will be bonded into place to finish restoring the tooth and complete your treatment.
We invite you to call us at 303-741-4600 to learn more about dental crowns in Littleton, Colorado, and schedule your consultation with Dr. Palmberg.